Building & Safety Division
Projects submitted on or after January 1st, 2023 must comply with the 2022 California Codes (Title 24)
|2022 California Administrative Code||2022 California Building Code|
|2022 California Residential Code||2022 California Electrical Code|
|2022 California Mechanical Code||2022 California Plumbing Code|
|2022 California Energy Code||2022 California Fire Code|
|2022 California Green Building Standards Code||2022 California Historical Building Code|
|2022 California Existing Building Code||City of Brea Municipal Code & Ordinances|
Applying for Permits
To apply for a building permit, submit for plan check, or apply for a Certificate of Occupancy please email your application and all necessary documents to Building@cityofbrea.net. Once received, City staff will reach out to you with further information. If you have any questions or need additional information please call 714-671-4406.
- NEW REROOF SUBMITTAL GUIDELINES: Reroof Submittal Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Question: Will my construction project increase my property tax? Find out by visiting the California State Board of Equalization website.
- California’s Building Energy Efficiency Standards are in effect starting July 1, 2014. For more information, visit the California Energy Commission website.
- Get the free FEMA earthquake safety guide for homeowners.
- The 2022 California Building Standards Code is now enforceable as of January 1, 2023. See the Building Code Requirements page for more information.
- SB 407: Water Conserving Plumbing Fixture Replacement is now enforceable as of January 1, 2014. Find out if the new requirements apply to your project.
- SoCalGas Pipeline Safety Information - Contact 811 Before You Dig.