Protect Your Purchases
Many of us shop online, and as the holidays approach, we see an increase in the thefts of packages from front porches and mailboxes. Below are some ways to protect your purchases from theft:
- Ask neighbors who are home during the day to keep an eye out for deliveries.
- Learn what security services are available from your chosen courier.
- Consider insuring items to be mailed.
- Report suspicious individuals in the neighborhood.
- Consider having packages sent to your place of employment, if allowed.
- Contact package recipients and tell them when to expect delivery.
- Consider sending packages so that a recipient signature is required.
These are helpful tips that may protect you, however, if you find yourself a victim of theft, please contact the Police Department at 714-990-7625.