Each of the citizen groups plays an important role in the Brea community by making observations and bringing ongoing feedback to the Council Members. Citizen volunteers will also play a role in the conduct of governmental affairs and provide an important element in achieving the goals of the city.
Various commissions or committees will have different areas of expertise. At regular monthly meetings, they work with staff members and may be asked to review proposed new projects or to comment on activities already underway around town.
On August 16, 2022, City Council agreed to compensate Planning Commission members $50 per meeting with a maximum of $100 per month, contingent upon their completion of Planning Commission training and recertification.
There is no compensation for participation on other commissions and committees at this time, the service given is meaningful to all Brea residents.
- Must be a resident of Brea.
- Enthusiastic commitment to the betterment of the community.
- Oriented toward service to people and sensitive to their needs.
- Some knowledge and background in the areas of interest are advantageous, but not mandatory.
- Understanding of the relationship with the City Council and the role of being an extension of the council.
View an application form.
View a listing of current local appointments with their service terms.