Waste and recycling service in the City continues to be temporarily delayed due to an unanticipated work stoppage at Republic Services, the City's contracted waste hauler. In order to provide service during the work stoppage, Republic Services has brought in their national emergency response team.
The information below has been provided by Republic Services for the week of December 13.
- Residential customers should bring all carts out to the curb on their regularly scheduled service day, starting Monday, December 13.
- Efforts will be made to pick-up residential carts once critical commercial and industrial collections have been made.
- If residential customers are not serviced, residents should remove carts from the curb, and bring carts out the next regularly scheduled service day.
- Excess trash can be placed in the yard waste bin, or bagged and left out next to the carts on collection day.
- Bulky item collection and cart exchanges have been postponed this week.
- Previously scheduled bulky items for Thursday, December 9 and Friday, December 10 will be rescheduled.
- Commercial and industrial collection is being provided on a limited basis.
- Commercial customers should unlock gates and bins to provide access.
Republic Services is providing updates to customers though robo-calls. Please confirm your correct phone number is on file to receive updates. Visit Republic's website and log-in to your account, or create one, and click on "Receive Alerts."
Any questions should be directed to Republic Services at 714-238-2444 or 800-700-8610. You may also visit their website, http://www.republicservices.com/BreaCA-.