Waste and recycling service in the City continues to be temporarily delayed due to a work stoppage at Republic Services, the City's contracted waste hauler. In order to provide limited service during the work stoppage, Republic Services has brought in their national emergency response team.
For those in need of disposing trash during the service delay, the City is providing trash drop-off locations for Brea residents and businesses. The drop-off locations are listed below and will be open daily, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., including weekends. Residents need to handle their own refuse; City staff will be on-hand to direct and provide limited hands-on support. In addition, excess trash can be placed in the brown yard waste bin, or bagged and left out next to the carts on collection day.
Trash Drop-Off Locations
View a map of the locations
Please, no bulky Items in bins. Closed bins are expected to be replaced today. Check back for updates.
Bin status listed as of 10:30 a.m. on December 16
- Arovista Park (Imperia Hwy & Berry St.) - CLOSED, 100% capacity
- Berry St. & Northwood Ave.
- Brea Community Center (695 E. Madison Way) - CLOSED, 100% capacity
- Brea Sports Park (3333 E. Birch St.) - CLOSED, 100% capacity
- Date St. & Brea Blvd
- Fire Station No.4 (198 Olinda Place)
- Junior High Park (Lambert Rd. & Country Lane) - CLOSED, 100% capacity
- Olinda Ranch Park (upper lot, 4001 Carbon Canyon Rd.)
- Site Dr. & Nutwood St. - CLOSED, 100% capacity
- Wildcatters Park (3301 E. Santa Fe Rd.) - 70% capacity
The City has begun to pursue alternatives in hiring another company to come in and perform trash collection services. We appreciate our community’s patience throughout this delay in trash service. In the meantime, we will continue to provide any and all information we are aware of regarding trash service as soon as those details become available.
Republic Services is continuing to provide the following information for this week.
- Residential customers should bring all carts out to the curb on their regularly scheduled service day, starting Monday, December 13.
- Efforts will be made to pick-up residential carts once critical commercial and industrial collections have been made.
- If residential customers are not serviced, residents should remove carts from the curb, and bring carts out the next regularly scheduled service day.
- Excess trash or material can be bagged and left out next to the carts on collection day.
- Bulky item collection and cart exchanges have been postponed this week.
- Previously scheduled bulky items for Thursday, December 9 and Friday, December 10 will be rescheduled.
- Commercial and industrial collection is being provided on a limited basis.
- Commercial customers should unlock gates and bins to provide access.
Republic Services is providing updates to customers through robo-calls. Please confirm your correct phone number is on file to receive updates. Visit Republic's website and log-in to your account, or create one, and click on "Receive Alerts."
Any questions should be directed to Republic Services at 714-238-2444 or 800-700-8610. You may also visit their website, http://www.republicservices.com/BreaCA.