Southern California Edison (SCE) is committed to replacing 134 steel street light poles with new robust cement poles, at no cost to customers, as part of their infrastructure upgrade program. Over the last 13 years, SCE has replaced an average of 3,000 poles per year. There are approximately 23,000 remaining.
The project will take place in the residential neighborhoods in the northwest and southwest sections of the city. Pole replacement is scheduled to take place April 4-15. Residents being affected will receive door hangers and signs will be posted on the poles being replaced.
- Southern California Edison will be working in the City of Brea between April 4 – April 15, 2022 to replace aging steel street light poles. SCE is collaborating with the City of Brea to minimize any inconvenience to you and we are reaching out to ensure you are aware of the work that will be taking place in your neighborhood.
- The steel street light pole replacement project does not require SCE to turn off power to your home so there will not be any disruption to your electrical service.
- SCE crews or contractors will work during normal business hours to facilitate the pole replacements. The teams will need access to curbside parking around each pole, so please note the no-parking signs which will be posted in advance. Each street light pole will happen in phases over the course of roughly a week.
- Safety is a primary concern for our field teams so please stay distanced from any work being undertaken to ensure an uneventful replacement project for both you and our field crews.
- The older steel street light poles will be removed and replaced with new concrete poles. Modern pre-stressed concrete poles are strong, durable, and attractive and will last for decades into the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact SCE Project Manager Randy Williams at 714-973-5564.